Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Free Will - Locke
Locke in Book II, Chapter XXI talks a bit about will and its freedom. While we were discussing it in class...Dan brought up an interesting distinction between the two with regard to how there are options, but not really a choice. That the course of actions you took are the only ones you could have taken, because of the priorities that are there for yourself at the time. Once you disregard that, you are not yourself. Even choices that we make that appear to not be what we want to do or in our best interest are...like I might not want to write 24/48 blog posts, but if I dont I will not pass...so I bet I will take the action that pains me and write the posts, even though I would rather be asleep...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good points.
How can there not be choices and not options? Is it not the case that the two are the exact same?
Post a Comment