Monday, March 10, 2008

Descartes Properties issue - aka.Beating a dead horse

But only if it exists...just touching upon how ridiculous Descartes ontological argument is with regard to God, like most others have pointed out. Just because I can envision a perfect weasel (credit to Steinhart) doesn't mean that because I see it as perfect that it has to exist BECAUSE its perfect. If anything, the fact that I can envision something as perfect, or lacking of any flaws makes its existence that much less likely to me. What in this universe could possible be 'perfect', most things we envision as perfect turn out to be wild and crazy when looked at closely. In addition, perfection of something God can be entirely different to different people, shown by countless suicide bombers who believe they assure themselves many virgins in the afterlife for doing their 'Gods' work in this life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it can still be said that the universe is perfect. even if there is no God as any one person expects, the universe itself can be said to be perfect. people haev to learn to conform to it, instead of trying to make it conform to us